What is Gloup®?
A simple solution if you struggle with taking tablets.
Swallowing tablets can be difficult for many reasons, and at any time of life. It’s a common problem –
with three in ten of us finding taking oral medicines to be a real ordeal.
If this is something you struggle with, help is at hand. Gloup has been carefully designed to offer a simple, safe and effective solution.
How Gloup® can help
Gloup is a smooth, easy-to-swallow gel that makes swallowing a much more natural, and comfortable experience. Its slippery texture acts as a lubricant, easing the transport of the medication, and allowing it to get to work faster.
- Helps to moisten the mouth and throat
- Masks the flavour of medicines
- Lessens the sensation of a tablet entering the mouth and throat
- Allows for multiple tablets to be taken in one go (if approved by GP)
- Keeps medications in their intended form
- Smooth texture enables easy transportation of the medication
- Allows medication to get to work as intended
- Has no known interactions with medication
If you're using Gloup for the first time, we recommend you simply try some of the gel on its own, from a spoon. Once you’re familiar with the feel, taste and texture of the gel, and can swallow it comfortably, you’re good to go!
Start with a single tablet and dispense around 5ml of the gel (about a teaspoon’s amount), or enough to fully cover your tablet. Don’t worry if you need more, or prefer to use a bigger spoon. The amount of gel can be increased or reduced without affecting your medication. Simply swallow your spoonful of Gloup and medication in one easy mouthful.